B&W JM Labs or Paradigm Signature S8.....Help?

I am deciding on a new pair of speakers. I think I have narrowed it down to:

1. JM Labs electra 936
2. Jm Labs electra 946
3. B & W 803D
4. Paradigm Signature S8

I understand that the JM 946 and B&W 803D cost about $2k more than the JM 936 and S8's.

My questions are:

1. Which will give the best sound quality in a small/mediam size room. (14' x 20' x 10'high) Hard wood floors.

2. I have not decided on amps yet. (different thread, maybe later)

3. I listen to 2 channel CD's and Home theater.

4. I have not heard any of these speakers. I am only going by specifications and reviews

Has anyone heard all of these speakers to compair?

Thanks for any help,

Danny
dffhogs
Thanks for all the responses! Where I live the only dealers around are B & W and Paradigm. That is why I posted this thread. If I am going to travil to Atlanta, I wanted to know what to look for and listen to. I will campair the B & W and Paradigm locally but there seems to be a consensis that they will not be what I want.

I will difently listen to the Von Schweikert (I emailed them to find the closest dealer), Dynaudio's and JM Labs before I make a decision.

Has anyone compaired the last three I mentioned head to head? Has anyone had any problems with the last three?

Thanks again for your responses,

Dffhogs
Ok, I listened to the B & W and Paradigm and am not impressed. The Von Schweikert VR4-JR and VR4-SR have my intrest. Can any one compair the JM Labs electra 936, 946 to the Von S. Also, how do the Tyler Linbrook Signature system compair to the other two?

Price wise it goes:

Von Schweikert Vr4-Jr - $4000
Tyler Linbrook Signature system - $5,500
JM Lab electra 936 - $6,000
Von Schweikert VR4 - SR - $8,000
JM Lab electra 946 - $8,000

I planned on a $8,000 Max budget when I started. If I can get out for less I would be happy! I would also like this to be the last pair of speakers I buy for a long time. I dont want to be let down and have to upgrade later.

I plan on listening to the Von Schweikert's next week when I will be close to a dealer. My problem is no dealers for any of the speakers mentioned are close by. Any and all advise is wellcome.

Thanks, Dffhogs
I own a pair of JM Lab 946 Electras and they are a great speaker. IMO almost Utopia sound at fraction of the price. I have heard the Paradigms and the B&W 803 and IMO and again just MY opinion the 946 Electras are much better hands down. Another thing to consider is how much power you have to drive them. The Electras are very efficient 93 db sensitivity and myself coming from owning a pair of Infinitys, there is really something to be said for efficient speakers. The Focal drivers are fast and accurate rivaling that of electrostat or planar drivers IMO. The 946 is a fairly large floorstanding speaker and also IMO a smaller speaker DOES NOT give you the same type of large, live type sound as a larger one. Especially one with a high sensitivity like the Electra. As good as the JM Labs are though, the only drawback is their price. I think they are priced a little higher than they should be but you can often get an almost new demo pair as I did for almost half the full retail price and then they are a huge bargain. As others have said though it is always best to listen with your own ears to judge for yourself but often this is not always possible without traveling great distances. All in all though I have not heard every other speaker in their price range BUT I don't think you would be sorry if you got a set of 946s. I have never heard the Von Schweikert speakers as there are no dealers anywhere near my area so I cannot comment on them but for my listening preference the only thing that I have heard that betters my 946 Electras are the higher end models in the Jm Lab Utopia line or possibly something from Wilson Audio, all much more expensive.
Another thing to consider - customer service. Excellent with both Paradigm and JM Labs - some trade-in upgrades in my experience. Not so with B&W and Von Schweikert - plus bad people to deal with just generally.
I doubt many on Agon have heard these, since they're relatively new, but JM Lab did release their Electra 1000BE series based off the success of the 937BE limited edition with the Berylium tweeter that's trickled down from the Utopia experience. Those may be worth a shot (and have been getting good initial reviews, esp. comapred to the 803d) over here in the UK. I'm personally not blown away by B & K, but there are many here who see the magic so I guess trust your ears.