Vandersteen's Low Spousal Acceptance Factor

I purchased the Vandy 2ce sigs recently, and really like their sound. I know everyone has strong opinions about them on this site, but to me they sound very natural and balanced. I've owned Revels, Thiels and Von Schweikerts, but they all sounded slightly colored and/or dry by comparison.

Enter the dreaded Spousal/Wife Acceptance Factor. My wife HATES the way the Vandy's look. Is there anyone who can modify/dress the Vandy's to make them more presentable?? Or, is there another speaker (even if it costs a little more) out there that has that first-order sound, but doesn't look like a black box? Help!
128x128gfields
Well the Quadros or the 5's. Nothing else near the price comes close to the performance that I have found. You can get good sound the trouble is the sound stage and openness of there design.

You could try getting ligher socks that make it blend into the room more. Other than that you can ask your dealer about getting 2 vsm wall mounts and one or 2 subs. THat would be one heck of a small satalite system.

What is your buget?
The Gallo Ref 3 is a terrific speaker for $2600. WAF? No idea, let your wife look at the website. Apparently there's quite a wait to get a pair, but certainly worth the time.
a castle harlech or howard- you're wife will think they are beautful and they have that 'natural' thing the vandys have. an incredible value, and the best sounding furniture at any price
Make the socks out of your wife's favourite chintz and voilĂ : same spaeker but with that feminine je ne sais quoi! What more could she want?
Try for a pair of Meadowlark Kestrel 2s - factory liquidation, they're about half price right now.