Vandersteen's Low Spousal Acceptance Factor

I purchased the Vandy 2ce sigs recently, and really like their sound. I know everyone has strong opinions about them on this site, but to me they sound very natural and balanced. I've owned Revels, Thiels and Von Schweikerts, but they all sounded slightly colored and/or dry by comparison.

Enter the dreaded Spousal/Wife Acceptance Factor. My wife HATES the way the Vandy's look. Is there anyone who can modify/dress the Vandy's to make them more presentable?? Or, is there another speaker (even if it costs a little more) out there that has that first-order sound, but doesn't look like a black box? Help!
128x128gfields
just start showing your wife pictures of bigger, more obtrusive speakers telling her that you are considering replacing the Vandy's...hell...show her the Avantgarde Trios...after looking at the speakers...and the price...she'll be begging you to keep the 2ce's

other than that...I think that Pbb has the best idea...unless your wifes favorite fabric is some $300/sqyd stuff that would end up tripling the cost of your speakers.

best of luck
I had the exact same problem. Loved the sound, but they just overwhelm visually. Unfortunately they had to go. If you really love the sound all I can say is, good luck.
I'll second Zkzpb8 suggestion. Considering what you have already tried and your price point the Meadowlarks seem like a worthy alternative. Keep in mind you won't have the company support.
Try Green Mountain speakers. they are first order, and next time try to get her OK first lol! I am lucky mine loves big speakers, had AR-9 and now Innersound Eros and she loves them!
OK, had Vandy's (wow great speaker), lost to low WAF, got Maggies (low WAF but could hide out of the way behind a screen), got Gallo's for high waf (lost to low WAF on the sound) replaced with Maggies again. Hey, they are thin and light, you can move them.

Love Vandy's though, sweet.