Vandersteen's Low Spousal Acceptance Factor

I purchased the Vandy 2ce sigs recently, and really like their sound. I know everyone has strong opinions about them on this site, but to me they sound very natural and balanced. I've owned Revels, Thiels and Von Schweikerts, but they all sounded slightly colored and/or dry by comparison.

Enter the dreaded Spousal/Wife Acceptance Factor. My wife HATES the way the Vandy's look. Is there anyone who can modify/dress the Vandy's to make them more presentable?? Or, is there another speaker (even if it costs a little more) out there that has that first-order sound, but doesn't look like a black box? Help!
128x128gfields
Gfields, well fine have it your way! Can we at least wash her up and poke around under the hood? =)

Seriously, I agree with your wife, the Vandy's arent all that presentable. Must have something to do with the sock or something.

You know Ellery has a point, you could take your wife to the audio shop and point out the most massive speaker they have and tell her you are considering it. Something like, oh, a Klipsch K-Horn. May work then again may not.
OK, I answered before as I swapped out my Vandys for same reason. I went with Meadowlark Audio Shearwater Hot Rods. Very happy with resultant sound. The sloped baffle helps them blend into a room with ease so they are winners on several levels. Actually if I were in the market I'd be looking for a pair of used Herons.
I would suggest Shearwater Hotrods - I don't know if it's Italian Rosewood :), but there's a Rosewood model available for 1500-. Those are great speakers - I like the older, "classic" Meadowlarks.