DK Design Group X-Dream - wow

Has anybody seen the review on the DK Design Group X-Dream speakers?

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue20/dkdesignsf7.htm

I better start saving up.
betterthencrack
Hmmm, let me see....

I could either start saving for a speaker from an un-prooven speaker manufacturer that sees the need to use 350lbs of aircraft aluminum to make speakers with probably less than $1000 of actual speaker parts, and who didnt even use his own amp in the review, wich also had to be at his factory (why)...oh yeah they are sooo heavy.
Or I could enjoy my current speakers or entertain the purchase of speakers from far more prooven companies.
And ofcourse these speakers are a steal at only $25000!
You start saving..I am going to listen to music.
So will these be like their amps. Wait a few months and have plenty to chose from on the used market.
The bulk of the review centers on how the cabinets are made and this may be justified because the cabinets undoubtedly account for 95 percent of the cost of the speaker. Man, I'd hate the thought of accidently dropping one of those beasts on my toes. Ouuch!

I noticed the reviewer offers very little meaningful comment on how the speakers actually sound (maybe 3 paragraphs). About the only recording he referenced is the drum-track on the Burmester test CD. He didn't say anything about how various acoustic instruments were rendered. He spoke mainly in audiophile hyperbole, without referencing it to anything. I wish I could get away with writing reviews like that. It would require much less of my time if I didn't need to describe sonic characteristics in reference to specific recordings and instruments. Then I could devote copious space to aesthetic appeal, construction techniques, technical descriptions, theory, and THD specs.

I suppose if a buyer didn't like the DK's he could always melt them down and go into manufacturing high-performance bike frames. It would be a great start, what, with enough aircraft-grade aluminum to make about 300 frames. With the leftover drivers and crossover he could build a set of DIY speakers that would likely sound decent.
Interesting that they chose to use a BAT/Pass Labs combination to demonstrate them rather than their own amp.

No specs yet in either the review or their website. They have some subwoofers that they're introducting as well that looke interesting.

Beautiful design...reminds me of a locamotive. Daniel sure seems to have his finger on the pulse of what makes audiophiles and their money go separate ways.

Marco