DK Design Group X-Dream - wow

Has anybody seen the review on the DK Design Group X-Dream speakers?

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue20/dkdesignsf7.htm

I better start saving up.
betterthencrack
I don't know about that.
The VS.1 does a pretty damn good job driving my VMPS RM40s.
But maybe?
From the DK website

"The wide-bandwidth two stage signal path allows the output stage to deliver incredible musical realism and provides high amounts of both continuous and short terms power, allowing even the most demanding speaker loads to achieve their maximum dynamic potential and reproduce deep bass notes with room shacking authority. However, even very efficient speakers will benefit from large amounts of clean power."

this is just the vs1MKII not the MKIII or even the Signature version

I think that Marco posed a very fair question.

now my question is...will the deep base notes be shaking my room or shacking my room...and will i notice the difference?
Maybe the new speakers need more power than the DK amp. Seems reasonable.

The DK is 150wpc into 8ohms. The Pass Labs is 350wpc into 8 ohms. That's about a 4-5db difference in headroom. I guess if the speakers are difficult to drive that may make some difference. Good point.

Marco
I just wanted to quickly drop in and provide a brief explanation on the choice of equipment used for the X-Dream review. Even though I am no longer involved with DK Design Group, the company has a very strong sentimental value to me and I would be delighted to see the company continue its breathtaking growth under the direction of LSA Group.

I feel that if instead of using a mix of well known high-end audio gear we had used the VS-1 Reference integrated amplifier that this would only raise even more questions about the credibility of the review. First of all, I believe that many serious music lovers and audio enthusiasts do not necessarily consider a $3,000 integrated amplifier as a serious high-end contender and many more would say that a $3,000 integrated amplifier is not sufficient to drive $25,000/pr loudspeakers. This is exactly the attitude that we have tried to dispel in the audio community and we encourage customers to compare the VS-1 Reference with top flight separates - I can tell you from personal evaluation that the VS-1 Reference would make a remarkable sonic match with the X-Dreams and power certainly would not be a limitation. The VS-1 Reference is only conservatively rated at 150W per channel; it can put out a continuous 800W into a 1.3 ohm load without clipping making it an ideal match for even the most demanding loudspeakers.

In addition, we felt that it was important to keep the review focused on the loudspeakers rather then the combo with the VS-1 Reference. There will be more reviews coming from other audio publications so readers can get an idea on how the speakers perform with a wide range of audio equipment.

- Daniel Khesin
Think of the implications, Mr. Staples. Your oversight could have spelled doom for millions of animals had the participants shown up instead at the 3H club. And just how many people would have starved to death while looking for their next meal at the APPY UNTER? You may as well give up your efforts to build the world's finest speakers, having just destroyed the lives of ilary Swank, Clinton, and Sir Edmund imself.

Spellcheck, Larry. C'mon, the software is free, my friend. In this business, it's the little things that will urt you in the end.

Regards,
oward