6 Moons Reviews Zu Cable Definition Speaker

Srajan Ebaen gave the Zu Cable Definition speakers the Blue Moon Award.

For more details on this glowing review follow this link:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/zu2/definition.html

He liked the Definition so much he traded in his Druid/Method combo.

Personally, I think Zu is really on to something with their designs and I have put them at the top of my review list. FYI - I have no financial interest in Zu at all... just curious.
128x128dawgbyte
Well, it would be an understatement to merely say that he liked them. But, I find it difficult to call a $9k speaker a bargain. There is quite a bit of competition when you get into the upper 5 figures and there are some baby dolls in this price range. I am sure it is an excellent speaker and would like to audition a pair but, frankly $9k is a bit out of my price range. Also, I am not convinced Zu has resolved all relevant issues with driving a 12" cone to 12Khz either. But, I have not heard it so must reserve comments until(or if) I get a chance to listen to them. Heck, maybe they have successfully resolved the issues that have historically badgered the high efficiency single driver status quo community.

Regardless, I applaud this company "ZU" for being innovative and enterprising. We seem to be seeing more of this lately in our audiophile community and I hope it continues. I wish them success.
The Druids are utterly amazing. They are the most lifelike speaker I've ever heard. The peakiness typical of many hi-eff speakers is MIA - they're flat as a pancake but with HUGE dynamics. I traded in my Gallos for them and to me, no contest - the Druid is a far superior speaker.

And, I'll be trading them in on the Definitions in a couple months. The Zu boys are geniouses. Check out the Tone monitors too - They'll probably end up in my living room system.
I notice that 6moons has my speakers, the Fab Audio Model 1, on their upcoming review list. These are in the same vein as the ZU stuff - very high efficiency dynamic speakers - but without the powered bass of the Definitions. I've added subs to my system to achieve a similar effect. It will be very interesting to see the comparison, because they run in the same price bracket.

I was fascinated by the review, though the fact that they needed to adjust the bass level will bear some watching.
Zu will be demo'ing their speakers in Los Angeles August 19&20. Here are the details:

August 19 - 20 Zu Audio Demo

Friday evening, 5pm - 9pm
Saturday 10am - 2pm

Beverly Garland Hotel (Fanciscan Conference Room, 24' x 36')
4333 Vineland Avenue, North Hollywood, CA. Tel.1-800-Beverly