6 Moons Reviews Zu Cable Definition Speaker

Srajan Ebaen gave the Zu Cable Definition speakers the Blue Moon Award.

For more details on this glowing review follow this link:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/zu2/definition.html

He liked the Definition so much he traded in his Druid/Method combo.

Personally, I think Zu is really on to something with their designs and I have put them at the top of my review list. FYI - I have no financial interest in Zu at all... just curious.
128x128dawgbyte
Another way to look at it is that he's just a guy with a set of ears and an opinion.
I own both the Druids and Definitions. I seldom find reviewers really understand equipment that I know well, but in this case, the 6 Mooms reviews of both speakers pretty much nail them. The Druid review is perfectly descriptive of what you'll hear. If anything, the Definition review under-represents the speaker. The Druid is an idiosyncratic speaker that will sound "wrong" to many people for several minutes to an hour or so. This is not a fault of the speaker but of what has come to constitute "hifi" in the industry. You can search for my other posts in the past few months on this to get details. The Definition requires no such orientation and is an ideal electrical match for a broader range of amplifiers. Good as the Druid is -- and it is the kind of speaker that leads you to think it might be better than anything you've owned -- the Definition actually IS the best speaker most people would consider attainable. And it's much better than many that are unattainable.

I'm happy to answer questions. Zu is real.

Phil
Quote from the article - "As Sean's visit drew to a close, I asked him to take my Druids and the Method sub back to Ogden and bill me for the balance."

Now, at the insider "accomodation" pricing, how much do you think that "balance" was? Whatever it was, at that amount of $$$ it's a no-brainer and I wouldn't hesitate to take 'em right now, myself.

Which is not to say that the these aren't GREAT speakers. They very well may be, and I'd love to hear them. But I think what TVAD and I are trying to say is, the fact that a reviewer buys them - especially under the "trade-in" nature and pricing of these circumstances - is not valid criteria for forming a premature opinion, which colors what many people hear in a live audition later on (the placebo effect).
I might love...and buy...a speaker that costs $5500, but my love will wane when the same speaker costs $9000.

What I take away from the 6Moons Definition review is that they are outstanding speakers in the $5000-$6000 range, 'cause I believe that's where the hard dollars were spent. Why Srajan chose to replace his $20k Avantegarde Duos may be a far more complicated answer. He professed his love of the Duos in a past review just as completely as he did of the new objects of his affection, the Definition.

Perhaps there's a pair of $3500 charmers around the next bend that'll catch his eye and cause him to cast aside the Definitions. That's why I'm wary.

Then again, that's the benefit, and the luxury, of being a professional reviewer.
I, like 213cobra, have the Definitions, & had the Druids. I think that 213cobras response above sums it up.