Differences between Accuphase C-2820 and C-3800?

Hi there, I'm mulling over the purchase of the C-2820 but have not totally written off the flagship C-3800. Does anyone know how they differ sonically?

Thanks in advance.
classact
Dave, what I meant to say is that because the C-2420 & A-46 combo is a bit more expensive than a A-65 one might want to consider the second alternative if he/she has a single source, i.e. a cd player with a good volume control. Of course, the A-46 amp is a very good amp and it will please the vast majority of audio-files.

Bvdiman, did you try to bypass your FM Acoustics pre-amp and feed the signal from the DC-900/DP-901 player directly into the the A-200 amps (the DC- 900/DP-901 has a built in volume control)? I am curious what the result would be as I am having a bit of a dilemma right now, i.e. sell my C-2410/A-45/DP-600 and get a DP-800/DP-801 or sell the A-45/C-2410 and get a better Accuphase preamp (e.g. C-2810 or C-2820).
I for one do not buy the "custom made" hype. IMO it is like "limited edition", which in my book means "limited to the number we can sell". :)
Nvp, I understand. I'm glad you agree on the A-46. I'm on the fence between that one and the A-65. I can only go by your comments here at the moment. I don't believe there's a dealer here in the US where you can compare both amps! It's a damn shame, really. So, I will have to rely on CES to listen to Accuphase equipment in general. As I've been doing for the last 4-5 years!
Hi Dave, thanks!
Not quite Nine yet, still on Seven creeping up ever so slowly at the moment.. ;P

Nvp,
As per your request which aroused my curiosity, on a whim I have just re-tried plugging the 900/901 direct to A-200s again (this time using Siltech Empress DC XLR as Ic), and A-B'd them for a bit.
Although my immediate preference was still firmly with pre in chain, surprisingly realized that with good IC, the Accuphase combo direct to amp did managed damn fine sounding results too.. Hence can imagine how some would opt to run them this way forgoing pre's.
If you are currently running single digital source only, in your position, I'd opt first for the 800/801 combo (but do check how much differ 800's output is from 900's), throw in the best Ic you could into your A-65 and I believe you are set.
Will take one heck of an excellent/sota pre to beat that and not to mention the hefty $um involved. Further, you have, and still using the DG correction unit right?
*Add in pre later, only when you happened upon a truly sota one at a truly good price. ;)
Hi Bvdiman,

You're welcome! Ok, well that ain't too bad to say the least! :D

Take care!