Amplifier Question

I recently made an offer to buy a Classe CA-400 for $2,000. My question is whether this much power is needed to drive a pair of Tyler Acoustic Signature Ref Monitors?
firecracker_77
Snofun3...believe me, I have thought about what I could have gotten instead of that wedding reception, but it was a non-negotiable for her. Some women really need the pomp and circumstance I guess. I could have bought a nice used system for that.
I'm sure your $ will be well invested, and making her happy is one way to get the investment started correctly.

My wife and I got married on a beach in Key West with one of my buddy's as a witness. Relatives were specifically uninvited, even if they would have paid their own way - didn't want the hassle. We had a ball for 3-4 days renting Hobies, scuba, snorkeling, various frozen concoctions etc. To each his own - enjoy yourself, and start looking for your MAN room soon.
Pipeguy, I just spoke to Tyler on the phone. He had a used Linbrook One Piece Reference System coming in from a trade that I had expressed interest in. I thought about it and ended up purchasing them today. I will let you know how those sound as they are coming in next week. I'll still have my Linbrook monitors at that time, so I can do an A-B comparison before shipping back the monitors. I'll post a follow up comparing the two different speakers and their relative strengths and weaknesses.
Pipe Guy, as an owner of both Linbrooks I can say that what you have heard does not describe the sound in my room. Actually I lost none of those things when I moved from the Linbrook Signature Monitors to the full Linbrook System...

There *was* a slight loss of soundstage width when I moved from the Taylo Reference Monitors to the Linbrook Signature *Monitors* (and it stayed the same when I added the bass modules to form the Linbrook 2 piece System that I use currently with the Taylos in the rear), but the large gains in midrange, bass and dynamics easily countered that slight loss.

---Dave
I am getting my Linbrook Reference One Piece System this weekend. Ty is driving up to Chicago to deliver my speakers and is delivering a pair of custom speakers to a man that lives near-by in the suburbs. Ty is a great guy and by making this trip he is saving us both the expense of shipping the new speakers and shipping our trade-ins back to him. I can't say enough about his company. When was the last time you heard of a manufacturer driving 400 miles to deliver their product and helping you set-up the new speakers? I have been to his factory and will always remain loyal. Best value in audio for the money? I think so!