Klipschorn: Still relevant??

I'm interested in stirring the pot which is my current system. Please see my system for more details but, in summary, I'm conteplating moving from a Cary beam power/triode & Von Schweikert VR4JR based system to a SET/Klipschorn system.

In general, would you consider the move to be "better" or just different. Or worse?? Better being defined as higher fidelity for most types of acoustic music.

Really curious. Your opinion matters! I have to buy most of my equipment without hearing it and have to rely on reputations, opinions, reviews, etc.

Thanx
pawlowski6132
Larry, Did I hear you right! Did you you say the Cornwall is coming back into production? How and where did you get that info from? I'm asking because I've been searching for a clean pair of Cornwall 2's for the longest time.
have you ever listened to horn speakers in general even if they werent khorns,i would reccomend that before you buy or sell anything that you try to hear atleast one pair of high effeciency horn speakers.

ive owned most of the klipsch heratige line including klipschorns & i liked them very much even though i much prefered solid state amps over tube amps with my khorns.

i dont really buy into the saying'properly set up system'to me its just a way people blow off bad reviews by saying the system must of been set up poorly.

to mee it all boils down to weather you like the horn sound or not & the horn sound isnt for everybody.
I inherited two pairs of Klipschorns and a pair of LaScalas some years ago. I lived and listened to music through them for probably two years before becoming completely dissatisfied with the sound. I ended up going with speakers that are no where near as efficient, but sound far more natural, in my opinion (different models of Vandersteens).
I always liked listening to 60's rock on the K-Horns, and they were definetely fun to listen to early on... You really need to hear them before purchasing them to live with.

Will
hi Rod 1957,

Yes you heard me right. Check out the Klipisch two channel forum and do a search on the Cornwall III's. They are planning to bring them back on the market and have a prototype. They are still tweeking them for the best overall sound. Probably a few months before relase and the selling price is not set yet.

In lew of that put a post on the forum that your are looking for a clean set of Cornwalls, I got mine that way for $850.00, a 1979 set, and I love them.

good listening,

Larry
Will,

What were you running the Klipsch with? That's the funny thing about this hobby, I did the same thing
( became dissatisfied with most other speakers I had
from Green Mountain C-3's to Vienna to VMPS to..etc
...etc...etc... too damn many to count.
It all depends on your taste and system. I will say
BS to anyone who thinks system matching & setup is not
important.
I have "waisted" thousands upon thousands of $$ going
for the latest & greatest BS. Funny how you can have
friends & family hardly EVER comment on something but
will be nice just not to hurt feelings. Then you get
something like the Klipsch and everyone comments on how
it is the best the system has ever sounded. Hmmm who is right and who is wrong. I have been guilty big time of
getting initally carried away with a new speaker (or amp,
or whatever)only to become tired of it soon.
Point being, I spent $500 dollars (chump change) and have
better sound than my last 20 pair of speakers.
Nothing yet has beat my Wisdom D75 Dipoles yet though.

Bottom line...listen to anything before you buy if you can
but don't get to caught up in this because I know first hand
how much mark up there is on "some" of this stuff and it
would make you sick.

As most everyone agrees on...trust "only" your ears!