Thoughts on Egglestonworks Andra II

Listened to a pair recently and was really impressed.
I just have never heard much about them. How do they compare to say the Wilson Watt pupps?
jsmoltz7dce
Consider the Andra 1 used, for the money they are
unbeatable,Ive heard 1Markr system who own Andra II,
with the right gear the original are as good as the II.
Ask Jtinn (Agon name), very experience audiophile,
He will guide you on the right path in audio.
Didn't Egglestonworks go bankrupt many years ago? Are they back in bussiness now? Or are they only available used?
They are going very strong! People who cared about the company bought the original owner out (ok, so this is an extremely simplistic statement, since it goes much deeper than this), but they ARE currently manufacturing speakers.

In fact, you will not find much or any Eggletonworks' speakers on the used market since they very rarely show up!
Puunda, there were just a 3 months stop in summer 1999, then the company restarted. At the end of 2001 the new Savoy, based on the top Ivy, was introduced and got great favour. In 2002 there was the introduction of new Andra II (with a fantastic review in the November issue of Stereophile: http://www.egglestonworks.com/7449_eprint.pdf). The Andra II's are still in "class A" of Stereophile. During 2003 a new version of the Fontaine was presented and so the new in wall speakers. For what I know, the company attended all the CES shows (and some HE shows) during these years and so will be with the January 2006 CES. I hope this clarification works for you.
Hi 1markr,teajay,luke72, jayctoy. I knw this thread was started a mth ago and i m behind time. However, recently I came across eggleston andra II and found it so beautiful. Heard it driven by passlab amplifiers. Found that the bass is so powerful that the midrange is totally overwhelm. Wonder what u guys think about what I heard. Need your advise. Is keen to buy for its look absolutely gorgeous. However I m not sure whether my unison research S8 SET with 24watts ( recommended wattage to drive andra is 30watt and above)can drive it. My system consist of transparent reference speaker cable, reference power cord, reference interconnect, BDR cone, transparent PIXL , exact powerconditioner and unison research tube Unico CD. Considering buying either VPI HRx or Kuzma reference turntable. Currently using a Gyrodec SE. System is in my apartment living room. To the right of the speaker is a sliding glass door with curtain, 2ft away. On the left is my living hall which is about 35ft long. Listening position is about 12 ft from the speaker. The speaker is place about 3.5 ft from the back wall. Thanks in advance. Happy listening