certin speaker makers harder to get dissounts fro

I have gotten a lot of good info here in the past few days, my new question is . The Martin logan dealers i have talked with said they never discount, but they are on sale( the vantage) for $60 off per speaker. Is this true for others who have bought ML speakers you could not get a price break even when spending a far amout of money. If it seems like i harp on money plese for give me im am but a Parmedic and it has taken me some time to put together 11000 dollars. Looking at some of the systems here that may be your cable budget. I dont wish you ill if if can afford this type of gear, I just wish I could also. Maybe one day, and it is fun to dream
cj1capp
I bought BW speakers, Rotel amps and Processors, wires on 4 seperate occasions and always got 20% off MSRP everytime.
Matter of fact I think I got the wires at 50% but thet were not really high end stuff. I did get a quote for a cinema center that I was going to add to my Innersound Eros and again it was flat 20% off MSRP.
You are not donig your dealer any favors Chadnliz.
ML keeps an eye on these forums.
ML has a fairly strict "NO DISCOUNT" policy.
Dealers (yours included I'm sure) are some of the only people who have the time and inclination to spend all day on A-gon.
Don't be surprised if your dealer suddenly gets conservative with discounts.
Don't be surprised if ML gives him a spanking too.

Ata way to post yourself out of a good thing.
wow NERD too bad I am done with my purchase from them, I almost would have lost sleep over it.
What about the notion of VALUE???? If one has a knowlegable dealer (as I've had--two actually), it can save a person time AND money by not having to first purchase, then empirically test a list of products in the quest of meeting one's own sonic criteria. Initial purchase price becomes less of an issue if long term satisfaction (and thus less component turnover) occurs. Also, the HASSLE FACTOR goes way down.

This is not to suggest that one should have blind faith, either. The above points apply ONLY if the dealer is:
1)totally honest, both with respect to pricing and with respect to sharing their blunt opinion (good or bad, and in detail) about products; 2)smart, experienced, knowlegable and familiar with your personal sonic tastes, and 3)is selling items which have a great price to performance ratio.
I've known a number of high-end dealers, none of which I would ever trust anywhere near 100%, to select the right component for me. But I've never met some of the hard working, knowlegeable and experienced, intelligent honest and helpful, high-end dealers/businessmen, who are sucessful in such markets as NYC and LA. If anyone here knows of such a dealer I would appreciate contact info. It would also help if he/she customarily gave significant discounts.
I've done repeat business with Kevin Deal; he comes closer than most. It's also very hard to ignore those 3-4 full page ads in every issue, each ad replete with numerous examples of Kevin's twisted sense of humor.