Audio - Post Divorce

Audio has definitely been more fun and rewarding post-divorce. No more keeping equipment in the trunk of my car waiting for my wife to leave the house so I could sneak the gear in because once its in the rack, she never ever noticed it.

I also have a greater appreciation of music and can definitely live with a lot less. I also believe that after you go through life's trials and tribulations and difficulties, whether it's a death in the family, loss of job, surviving cancer, divorce or other life's hardships you definitely get to appreciate things much more.

Please feel free to share if you can relate to this or if you can't. Thanks for reading :)
128x128lou_setriodes
Only the death of a child can compare with the agony of divorce of someone you loved ,at one time at least.
In some ways a divorce is even worse.

The mourning is there at some level, whether you are aware of it or not. If you brush it aside, the bill will just be paid later, with interest.
Q. High-end audio gear cost has a similarity to a divorce. So why is divorce so expensive?

A. Cuz it's worth it!!
Two stories ... one happy, one sad ...

Dec 1989 - married, system = Pioneer 636 receiver, EPI 100 speakers, TEAC CD player

Jan 1990 - separated, system = ADCOM 545 amp, ADCOM GTP II tuner/ preamp, Magnavox 630 CD player, KEF Q55 speakers

This is the happy story.

March 2, 2007 - grandson dies at age 7 after fighting bone cancer for two years. Worst day of my life and that includes my being hospitalized for meningitis for 4 months following spine surgery and needing 9 more surgeries, so I could walk without pain.

Never felt that bad going through a divorce.

That is the sad story.

Rich