Horns for Rock.

I'm searching for a pair of speakers for my brother. He only listens to Rock...all types. From Zeppelin to Nickleback. PRAT, Dynamics, and Loudness are really important. They must be efficient and under $1200 on the used market. Any ideas? Thanks
baroque_lover
Don't know about that.I hear the original Heresy not prototypes are the best.Remarbly Ihad my oness and a pair of IIs at the same time.The alnico Magnets on the 1s dwarf the ferrite IIs but the sound wasn't altogether different. Did the threes finally improve the crossovers and are the big alnico magnets back ont he drivers (I think OEMed by EV.) Tell you what. I have very good La Scalas all original and will beat that price like a rug.
You could get a pair of Altec 19s for $1200 and they would blow away ANY pair of Heresys for rock music. No contest.
My garage system is a pair of LaScalla`s and a little marantz 2216b, and may I say 16 watts can get the neighbors mad at me. I had them hooked up to a mac mc352 several years ago that was just insaine. I do feel the cornwalls have better bass. I have heard a pair of khorns bi-amped with a pair of crown dc600 (1200 a side) and I must say I have never FELT bass so intence anone who says klipsch dont have bass must not listend to them with a big amp say 600 to 1000 watts. By the way the heresy`s can be picked up for 400 to 500 used