McIntosh C2200 w/ solid state amp?

Has anyone used a Mac C2200 tube preamp with a solid state amp(s), McIntosh or otherwise? Any information would be appreciated.
wec56
i used the 2200 with the 602 and it was a great combo....float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. lots of mac owners mix tubes and ss
C2200 & the 402 DYNAMITE nice combo, one I should have kept longer. I think the 2200 is the best pre they ever made. I used this with the 352 & the 402. Tubes and SS make a good combo.
Velo62 will likely ad to this thread, maybe he will also give us a update on his 2275. He gets all the good toys, I look for his hand me downs.
If you want to save some bucks how big is room an how efficient are speakers?Just because Mac makes MC500 or MC1000's does not need you require them.Last series that will drive most speakers in normanl rooms would be a used MC353.Avoid the MC300 as while it is close in power it's not a true balanced amp.Man even the bottom of the lines that set up with maybe there digital player and an esotericn multi player plus a pair of the new Quads with fast pitch accurate sub that's my idea of a nice rig.
Chazzbo
I use the Mac C2200 tube preamp with the MC402. They make beautiful music together. I strongly agree with Valleyplastic. A definite keeper! Tube sweetness along with solid-state crunch. As far as I am concerned, the best of both worlds. Go and listen and decide.