Bad news for audiophiles?

In new study a bottle of wine priced at $90 tastes better than a bottle of the same wine with price tag of $10.

http://www.cnet.com/news/study-90-wine-tastes-better-than-the-same-wine-at-10/
128x128geoffkait
"In new study a bottle of wine priced at $90 tastes better than a bottle of the same wine with price tag of $10."

That's not what the study reveals. After all, if the bottles of wine are the same, then they taste the same.

What the study demonstrates is that people can be fooled into thinking one is better. That's nothing new. Illusions are everywhere. Performers such as Penn & Teller even make a living off of it.

By definition, the wine study was not double-blind. Hence, it's difficult to conclude anything from it other than the simple fact that people can be fooled.
Random thoughts: Not into wine myself, but I understand professional critics of the juice have been known to pan expensive stuff and praise economy-priced products. It may not be impossible to fool an educated palate, but harder than an ignorant one, I'd guess. What "tastes better" to one person may not be the same as to another; some things are an acquired taste. I know a guy who, having just been released from prison after spending a quarter century locked up, can't tell the difference between different beers and even malt liquor. Can you? If he can't and you think you can, do you feel a need to prove it in a blind test? I didn't think so.
Viridian, of course it would be a tragedy in general, but as only one of them can sing why especially for 'philes?
No news here. I can be fooled with wine, not audio. I have purchased lower priced audio because it sounds better. Price plays no role. For some it would. We are all different, no way to lump all Aphiles into one camp.