Taylo Reference III's - how are these?

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could share his/her insight on the Taylo Reference III's. The speaker design and specifications intrigue me - and I would greatly appreciate any comments. I am trying to find a speaker that sounds similar to a Watt Puppy or Sophia at a non-Wilsonian price. A tall order indeed....

Thanks - all comments are greatly appreciated,

Peter
pard
Peter,
Ty's stuff is phenomenal with jazz. It's very nice with rock, but as with most speakers not made by Klipsch, you'll probably want a sub to augment the very bottom.

I heard the Taylos with PS Audio pre and amp, and the limitations were clearly in the bottom end and due to the amp rather than the speakers. I suspect I haven't heard the best bottom end these can produce due to the PSA's limitations, so I'm hazarding a bit of a guess on the sub.
Aggie, I don't think the Ref III need a sub, they do the bottom end very well. I do find the Ref III like a bit of power though. I agree with you that there great for Jazz and rock.
Thanks again for your input!

Will my 100W integrated suffice - or do I need substantially more power? I'd really like to keep this amp...

How do these sound compared to Wilson Sophia's? What speakers did you compare these to when you were shopping?

Cheers,

Peter