Proac 2.5 or 3.8

Hello.... Not sure which way to go...Which speaker do you believe would best match my system ? My room is approximately 18 X 20. Sort of leaning towards the 2.5 but not really sure.

System:
Pathos Classic One MK 2
MF XrayV3 CD player
Linn LP12
Cardas Cross speaker cables (bi-wire) and interconnects

Thanks for your help,
sympaticonorm
Thanks Odaey..I appreciate your information..Did you ever audition the 3.8 to compare with the 2.5's ?
The truth is I'm working on getting one now (response 3.8). With the 2.5 there are times when i get to hear the drivers compressing or bottoming out when i want them to make my guts vibrate (but thats just me), thats why i wanted the 3.8. The first time i heard the 2.5 was in a showroom very much like your room dimensions and that demo was the reason why I'm a proac fan. I did consider the newer d38 but i was worried about it's impedance of 4 ohms. I hear that the d38 sounds excellent too but i feel the rear porting of the 3.8 would give a deeper soundstage compared to the bottom port of the d series as with my experience with the d15.
I was told that the 3.8's will fill a large room with sound like there is no tomorrow...What sort of power do you plan on using with 3.8's ? Is it normallly better to drive Proac's with tube gear ?
i have'nt mentioned that I've successfully driven the 2.5 with a 24 watt unison research tube integrated up to 90db SPL(using radioshack meter), But of course it depends on recorded material. I've also tried a sonic frontiers power one tube amp. on it and it sounds pretty good too. Much of your decision will depend on your music and preferred listening levels but I agree With stefan that the 2.5 would be happier with more power.