Speakers to mate with McIntosh gear

Hello,

I have a 13 X 16 X 8.5' room that I use a McIntosh C2200 preamp and MC402 amp in. My source is an Esoteric DV-50S. The room doubles as a HT arrangement as well as 2 channel. Currently, I own the Dynaudio C1's and though a wonderful speaker for jazz and classical (and I do listen to these genres too) I find it too forward and thin sounding (partic. in bass) when listening to folk rock and rock. I'd like your opinions on a floorstander for my room that is a great all rounder in music and home theater and can dig a little deeper in the bass. Thanks all. Budget would be no more than 4500 USD.
canucks0
I have been using Klipsch CF4 for years. Large floorstanding speakers with a sensitivity of 102 db, they sound very good with all types of music & have had Mcintosh gear on them with excellent results. They will also provide a very detailed exciting movie experience with great bass response. Can be had on the used market for around a $1,000.00. Because they are very efficient it will also open the door to tube set amps.
Klipsch Cornwall III one of the best all time speakers made and works well with McIntosh. MSRP is $3500 but can be found for less. Another option would be a used pair of Klipschorns.
I am using a MC352 with Khorns-excellent results.
Best of luck!
Thank you for your input. I was however looking at a more modern speaker and look. No offence, just not my taste in esthetics.