Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors/Cremona - Integ Amp

Hi,

Owners of Sonus Faber Cremona and Cremona Auditors....Can you please help me by letting me know the Integrated Amps (or) Preamp-Amp combo you use in your 2 channel set-up ?

Thanks
Grakesh
grakesh
I don't own Cremonas nor Auditors, but I have good friends who do on my recommendation. Both use the McIntosh MA6900 integrated amp. Cremonas are 4 ohm speakers and don't put most SS amps in their best sounding load. The Mac autoformer amps sound sensational on these speakers, plus the speaker needs more power to sound good than it's 90db/w/m efficiency rating might otherwise indicate. When I considered building 2 systems around both speakers, I was consistently pleased with the synergy between all the Mac autoformer amps and the big and small Cremonas. If you can hear Cremonas and Mac amps together at one dealership, treat yourself to a few moments of amazement and ask to hear the Cremonas wired up to a pair of MC1201s. $16,000 or amps on $8000 of speakers makes perfect sense when you hear that.

Phil
I have the auditors mated to a Mac6900 and an audio aero prima CD. The 6900 has plenty of power and I can listen intently for hours without any fatigue. They are a great mate to one another. Friends are always amazed at how good music can sound, but they are all part of the ipod crowd. However, I admit that I'd like to try tubes... It's funny that regardless of how good it may sound, you always think there is something better.

You also asked about a sub in the next post. I have it mated to a REL strata III. I've been trying to pick-up a second one for stereo subs, but they go quick on the used market. It doesn't muck the sound at all and supports the low end very nicely.
Hi,

Until now I heard only MAC autoformers and MC6900. Are there any other options for powering Sonus Faber Cremona / Cremona Auditors ?

Thanks
Grakesh