Speaker recommendations in the $3,500-$4,000 range

I'm in the market for a good, full-range speaker for simple stereo listening. I have an Anthem TLP-1 preamp, and will probably get an anthem amp to drive the speakers as well. I'd like full-range speakers (where no sub is needed)...and my budget will be between $3,500-$4,000.

I just finished mastering a CD at MasterMix in Nashville, so I've spent 12 hours in front of the finest PMC monitor system in the US...so that is point of reference. Thanks for any input!!!
clay49
Many people suggest the one make or model they like, but I would watch this thread with interest to see if there is any consensus among those who have heard many contenders. I cannot make specific recommendations because I have not engaged in comparative listening for many years, but just trying to be helpful, I can see two directions for you.

(1) The first is to go with British brands such as ATC, Harbeth, Proac, Spendor.

(2) The second would be highly regarded newcomers like Salk, Silverline, Tyler, Zu.

The best sound for the money is often a used model, but some of these makes are so thinly distributed that the used market is practically non-existent.

It would help to know your listning tastes, room, what speakers you have now, etc.
Used pair of Energy Veritas 2.4, or new pair for $4,500. Otherwise I would suggest Harbeth Monitor 40.
Usher 6381 or Spendor S8e. For the money those two are at the top in that proce class. Unless you need super high efficiency for a low watt tube amp.
Well, if you can stretch you budget a small amount to $4500 or buy used, I would strongly recommend the PMC OB-1. It is a great speaker, and for you almost a sure winner since you already know that you like PMC. It mates well with Bryston amps, and it does require a fair amount of power behind it to really sing.