Top resale value speakers

When you consider buying a new pair of speakers, the sound, outlook and review of the speakers are important, but resale value of speaker is also a important thing to consider before your purchase. Some of the speakers resell value drop so deeply, but some don't. Can you suggest some high resale value speaker company? As far as I know, B&W have a pretty strong resale value compare with their brand, such as Dynaudio, Proac or JMLabs.
audiorichard
AudioRichard,

You are correct that some speaker have high resale value. The speakers that do not have high resale value tend to be of the Electrostat or Planar design speakers. They tend to lose their value dramatically. I guess the membranes are more fragile than that of Dynamic speakers. If I were to suggest speakers that tend to hold their value this would be my top choices. I have kept the list to speakers that have more than a few used pair for sale so this eliminates some of the rarer brands.

1. Wilson Audio. Must be a current model, WA speakers are very well thought of within the industry. I know many on here bash Wilson Audio, but the current model speakers tend to hold their value very well.
2. B&W Nautilus Line. Again you must have the new D line with diamond tweeter. Many studios use B&W.
3. Avalon Acoustics Eidolon Diamond and Vision are highly desireable speakers. They are soundstage champions and have a timbre and purity that is addictive.
4. Kharma Their line can be a bit confusing with all the choices but another HOT seller. Very coherent speakers that lack driver coloration and are easy load to drive.
5. Dynaudio Another sought after speakers. Some models are not the IN models. They tend to like high powered Solid State amps and when properly set up are a formidable speaker.
. Thiel Audio. Thiel prices can be a bit quirky. Some models hold their price very well while some take a beating. Not that last word in refinement but have an overall texture and presentation that favors no particular music genre.
7. Merlin Again must be a current model. I dunno which is the current model VSM anymore because it has gone through so many changes within the last few years. another easy to drive speaker that is at home with either SS or tube equipment.
8. Vandersteen The vandersteen's have a loyal following and those who like the house sound seem to really like it. Richard Hardesty is a staunch supporter. I have not hear any of the Vandy's so i cannot comment on their sound.
9. Proac Another speaker with a cult following. Very musical and easy to listen to.
10. Joseph Audio. A speaker company that gets tremendous reviews, but flies a bit under the radar. A

Again this list is not in any particular order and is not based on extensive research number crunching. It is an observation of speakers that tend to keep the highest percentage of original MSRP.
Both the Quad ESL-57 and the various incarnations of the BBC engineered LS 3/5A sell well in excess of their retail price thirty years ago. Can't beat that.
Chuck, take a look at the magnepan 1.6 QR if you think that planars ane electorstats don't hold value.
classic JBL and AR designs will always be in demand. Rogers is another brand that time has been kind to.