Tweeters, Scanspeak or Seas

Would anyone share their experiences on the performance of the Scanspeak Reveltor or the Seas Millenium tweeter? Im leaning on trying the Tyler ref3's and have a choice on which tweeter to chose, Tyler owners your input would be appreciated! I enjoy Jazz, female vocals, blues and will be using tubes with a digital front end.
velo62
If you're familiar with tube brand characteristics, I would compare the sound of the Seas to Brimar and the Scanspeak to Siemens. The Seas sounds less defined, very relaxed, pillow soft on the edges of the notes, totally non-fatiguing. The Scanspeak has a bit more sculpted presentation, also non-fatiguing but with perhaps a little more shape and jump to the vocals, in a word, articulate. Pick your poison, as both are very good.
Boa2 said it perfectly. I own Tylers that use both, and they are of equal quality, just different IMO.

The Scanspeak is a bit more detailed, and the SEAS a bit more natural. I personally have a preference for the Revelator, but my main Tyler speakers use the Milleniums and I am very happy with those too. Both are superb tweeters, and I don't think you can go wrong with either one really.

---Dave
Pretty much as Boa2 says, except the differences are pretty small, Audio lore; SS like toobs, and SEAS tend towards solid state. I prefer the SEAS over the SS. But then I like my coffee black and my beer the same color so ---- what's in your flavor wallet?

BTW: if your leaning towards the Taylor, you might wish to visit the Madisound and check out the Oden, and Thor kit speakers. I prefer the Oden with a sub over the Thor but then, see above. The kits are very very very good, and if you can use a screw driver your set. The cabinets are of high quality.

Also check out Ellis Audio. Dave's an excellent fellow.
Velo62, I can't compare the two for you but can speak on the 1" Scan-Speak Revelator silk-dome tweeter used in a dÂ’Appolito configuration on my Coincident Total Eclipse speakers. I find them very transparent and revealing. Certainly one of the finest tweeters I have ever owned. With tube OTL amps they seem to have a perfect ability to play tonally with exacting resolution without ever sounding unpleasant. I find them excellent in reproducing everything from Lucinda Williams to Wagner. I find them lacking not a thing. I hope this info is of some value to you. Happy Listening!
Apples and oranges perhaps but, FWIW, I have the Tylers with the Seas Millenium and in comparison to the Dynaudio tweeter in my other speakers it is a pleasure to listen to CD's with the Millenium whereas the Dynaudio tweeter is far more dependent on source, amplification, and set up. Which is more accurate? Probably the Dynaudio. Which do I listen to with more pleasure, the Seas. Probably the differences are similar between the Millenium and the Revelator, but I'm just guessing on that.