Acoustic Zen Adagio, How Good Are They?

Just read the glowing review in TAS. Has enyone heard these and if so is all the positive press justified?
128x128rja
Merelyok, i am using Blackgate NX 4x 220uF in Super E paralleled config as input bypass caps. http://www.blackgate.jp/ebg6.htm
Coupling caps i am using 2x 0.22 and 2x 0.33 Mundorf Supremes. If you prefer a slightly warmer sound and not too particular about precise imaging, you may wish to try Auricaps. You can further fine tune the sound with the input 6SL7GT tube. Just remember that the Adagio is on the warm side, so if you are already using Auricaps, avoid stuff like the RCA 6SL7GT.

Response34 - I goggled and found your Bella Extreme 6C33C amp. I cannot wait to see if there are further developments in the SET scene and do 50-60W SET. SET just makes the Adagio sing with such beautiful emotions. :)
I heard them today, at the local dealer.
They are amazing!!!
Smooth, fully detailed, strong bass, great stage, pure magic!
On the down side, the mid seems a litle backward. and they look like %$#@...:-)
I certainly am going to audition them at my home.
Currently running Focal 926, which are pure garbage in comparison...
I don't agree they look %$@, even my wife quite likes them and she was an interior designer. I should say she "quite" likes them, probably just relieved I did'nt buy anything worse.
David12
It's a matter of taste of course.
To me, Focal 1027 look better (but dont sound as sweet).
And I am an industrial designer...
:-)
2100, Am I to understand that you are also using the Almarro with another speaker? Say of a 93dB?

I too found that the Almarro changed in a good way when upgrading the caps. Even the little 205A showed a beneficial change (in my opinion) when changing to Teflon caps. I have been using the V-Caps in these amps for some time. More noticable in the 205A was also going with a slightly higher value. This was more dependant on the speakers being paired with the amp.

The Adagio speakers are, in my opinion, and exceptional performer. I do not have much experience with them being driven by solid state but with tube, you are emotionally connected with the music.