Car subwoofers for home sub use: Whynot? why?

I plan on using some car subwoofers for a home sub.
What is the reason not to?
The 4 ohm is no problem...
So what else is wrong with this picture?
I plan on sticking (2) 8" Polk Momo subs into a box from a dead Klipsch (hunk of crap) computer sub.
8" pair and use the still functioning Klipsch sub 9the other channels are dead)
OR:
I have a Infinity 12" home sub that I want to put a 12" Infinity Perfect 12 into.
Why not?
OR: a Polk Momo 15" sub in a custom box.
(the Momo are a physical match for the Canton speakers I have)
And I have Carver ??45 the famous sub runner that can be bridged to mono 1000 watts
(these brands are already decided upon, so skip the brand trashing and get to the point... )
elizabeth
You would probably get a more detailed response from the madisound forum or parts express forum. The little I know about the subject says that it wouldn't work out to well because mobile drivers are optimized to use the cabin gain found in your car. like I said try those other forums though, a wealth of info to be had there.
Marc
Nothing wrong with it, but there is a problem with just putting drivers in boxes at random. The box volume and port dimensions (if any) are critical to getting a particulkar sound out of a subwoofer. Box size determines how controlled the response will be along with where resonances are, and how big those resonances will be. Every woofer will respond differently to differnet size boxes. Also, you have to have some way of crossing the sub over. Cross overs for car subs will likely be very different from home cossovers, since the car acoustics usually have a big boost from 60 - 120 Hz, so a car sub will cross out at 60 Hz, and the main speakers will cross in at 120 Hz, which will sound bad in a home system. But I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with using automotive drivers in home if you know what you are doing.