Loudspeakers that go LOUD?

I recently finished off a basement room that is 24.5' x 22.5' x 8'. My beloved Tyler Linbrook Monitor Signatures sound as wonderful as ever there provided I reign in the volume control somewhat, otherwise the SEAS Excel 7" drivers start to protest. I'd really like to find some speakers that wont give up too much in quality, especially in the areas of treble refinement and in imaging, but will play loud without strain. The few horn systems I've heard sounded peaky in the treble to me, but perhaps there are some which don't. Suggestions will be gratefully received.

Parameters: For music I am into classical, opera, female vocalists like Eva Cassidy and Jennifer Warnes, movie sound tracks, shows, golden oldies, but no heavy rock or metal. Power is via a 50 watt/channel tube amp but that could be changed out. Budget: on the order of up to $3K new or used.
beemerrider
As things stand, you'll either add that "bass unit" (i.e. not a subwoof) -- or you'll have to purchase new, fullish range speakers & a new amp. Indeed, if you keep the speakers you'll probably need a higher powered amp anyway (unfortunately): that's judging from your quick description up top.

A side clarification for our Seas afficionado: Seas happens to be in Norway -- not Denmark.
Two words - full range!

More words - or at least speakers that go down to the low 30s.

I have a very large room (39x19x9) and found happiness with a pair of used Alon V Mk IIs. I listen to about 70% classical and 30% everything else. I've always preferred full range speakers for classical, especially for the coherence required of large scale orchestral & vocal music.

My Alons play VERY loud if needed, without any strain or harshness, with a nice, extended treble, a rich midrange and solid bass. Very balanced. They are also quite open, dynamic and transparent, with a huge soundstage. They do demand a good quality, reasonably powerful amp, be it ss or tube. I drove mine with Herron M150 monos to excellent effect. A pair of Alon V MkII or IIIs will cost you $2k or under - which is a stone cold bargain. I think there's a pair for $1750 listed now. You won't get quite the same imaging characteristics with floorstanders as you do with monitors but the Alons image very, very well.

You might also look for the the full range Alon Lotus Signature Elites with the 16 ohm woofers - they were specially made to be sympatico with tube amps and possess more than enough cojones for a room your size.. 50 tubed watts is more than enough to drive them. Alas, they are no longer in production although the pop up here from time to time.

I've heard the Zu Druids on classical and they did not do it for me. They are fun and they boogie but I wouldn't want to own them, especially if I were primarily playing classical, opera and vocals. Just my 5 cents YMMV.
You were all kind to render your opinions and help, so I figure I owe you an update. I bought a Plinius 8150 integrated amp which puts out more than 230 watts/channel/4 ohms (the Tyler Linbrook Monitors are 4 ohm speakers). With this increase in power I find I can play the system as loud as I care to with no signs of distress. The 50 watt tube amp was, indeed, running out of steam. So, it seems that those of you who urged me to try more power were right on target. Thanks!