Compare Large Advent?

I was wondering how the timeless Large Advent compare to some of the modern speakers?
I looked to find the sensitivity for these speakers but could not find the spec,anyone know what it is?
groundhog

Back in the day I played 4 stacked large walnut Advents powered by an SAE amp and pre-amp, Thorens TD125 with Shure SMEIII tonearm and Stanton 681EEE cartridge.
I had 2 problems:
1. Blew many woofer surrounds (very weak) and a few teweeters
2. Couldn't isolate the turntable well enough and bass would actually pop stylus out of groove and vibration caused rumble. Maybe I should have tried some quarters 8<(.
But when everything was working it kicked some serious butt!
The spec for the 'New Large' Advent loudspeaker was 89dB/W/m. I drove mine fine for years ('79-'89) with a modded Advent 300 receiver. I replaced the electrolytic crossover caps with much better poly caps. Because they were inexpensive speakers, they were too often paired with cheap gear of the '70s and the awful sound was blamed on the speakers. I had auditioned mine from time to time with top-notch electronics of the '80s and they only sounded better. I tried double advents with a friend, but the Sansui 717 amp always popped its breaker after 5min.

The recent stereophile review was of the 'smaller 'old' advent loudspeaker', which was a dumbed-down version of the 'large' model. The side-by-side difference was not subtle, with a far more open and less-congested midrange on the 'large', along with obviously deeper more defined bass from a 2" bigger woofer.

Both speakers were redesigned in '79 (?) and renamed the 'new' (small/large) advent loudspeaker. A big part of the change was more output from a redesigned tweeter to take advantage of the less-hashy HF reproduction offered by newer transistor electronics of the later '70s (it's all relative!) The reviewer's concern of the missing high frequencies would have been much less-so with the 'new'.

I sold my Advents for VERY similar sounding Boston A200s, but have been listening to Thiel 2.3&4 since 2002. Sure, the Thiels are a far better speaker esp wrt soundstaging, but there's a lot to be said about Advent's 12" woofers and a simple crossover.

If I was forced to own a '70s speaker, I'd take my 'New Large' Advents back in a second: they could play loud, decent dispersion, a warmish engaging sound with wonderfully natural midrange for a large 2-way, and conveyed more detail and dynamics than you'd expect (as the stereophile reviewer reported).

As much as I enjoyed them, technology does march forward: I'm no Advent guru, just recalling the thousands of hours they provided my music.
Had a paif Advent Heritage from about 1991. Just put them away when I got the Spendor S8s. The Advents's had very mushy bass and compared to the Spendors, although I think they went lower. Also, switcing back to them after listening to a more modern speaker you could hear the mismatch between the tweeter and mids.

In their day though they were awsome for the money. I was happy with them for a long time and my wife still rues the day I stopped in a hi-fi store on a whim and promptly decided to replace the whole kit.
I believe I paid $250 (new) for my first pair of large walnut Advents and I must add, they had a lifetime guarantee so all the drivers I blew were replaced free.
no offense but the advent heritage was not a good speaker even then. the large and small advent however would compete with the new spendor series, and others