Compare Large Advent?

I was wondering how the timeless Large Advent compare to some of the modern speakers?
I looked to find the sensitivity for these speakers but could not find the spec,anyone know what it is?
groundhog
I believe I paid $250 (new) for my first pair of large walnut Advents and I must add, they had a lifetime guarantee so all the drivers I blew were replaced free.
no offense but the advent heritage was not a good speaker even then. the large and small advent however would compete with the new spendor series, and others
I had them in the late 70's, liked them. I was blown away by the KEF 103.2 in 84 and gave the New Large Advents away to a friend.
I have a pair.My original high end speakers. The cabinets are in good shape with a few corner dings. The tweeters are originals. I would like to get new woofers. I do not have the old woofers. What is this about the Dahlquist dq-10s? Are they compatible?
AH the vintage large Advent speakers!! For many years 1971-1997 they were my main speakers. I had 4 stacked (tweeter to tweeter) for the fronts and singles for my rear channels. I drove the fronts with a Marantz 1200 Int amp 125 wpc. At the end I drove them with an Adcom tuner preamp and the 555 power amp. Great sound. It took the Apogee Calipers and finally the Divas for me to upgrade.
2 things:
1. At $200 per pair, they were considered cheap, so they were included in basically low fi systems. In fact with high end electronics with good power 100+ wpc, they were exceptional for the time and can easily compete with some of todays speakers costing up to $1000.
2. When stacked, they become a different beast altogether!! The sound becomes astonishing considering the system costs $400. I still have the 4 in mint condition in storage. One day I may set them up for comparision with my Divas. It'll be interesting, how they compare. IMHO they were probably best $400 new speakers ever. Mr. Kloss sure hit it right with these.