Speakers to replace Martin logan Prodigys

I had to sell my Prodigy's because I had no room to set them up they the way the needed to be.
I am looking for something in the 5000.00 to 7000.00 range that are room friendly for a small to medium room.
btstrg
The no preamp thing is more of a source/amp impedance thing... so if it worked for the Prodigys, it will work for another speaker.

Just make sure the amp is efficient (and has enough current) for the new speaker. The wolcotts are powerful and will be fine for any monitor that I know of.
I am not familiar with Wolcotts but if you will be listening at low volumes , that ability will be a factor of your 'amp' as well as your speakers . If it sounds better when you turn it up , for dynamics and resolution , it may not be the amp for low level listening . Just a thought .
Everybody has a lot of great suggestions. It really shows that I need to get out a listen to more speakers.

I can comment on running without a preamp using box type speakers. I currently use a RA Opus 21 direct to a Pass amp to Soliloquy two-way floorstanders in a small room. No preamp at all.

It is very satisfying. It was, and to some degree still is, a bit bass heavy (Due to the small room size methinks). I may not have the most critical ear. I somewhat like a little bass oomph. I would surmise that any difficulties from running Preampless would be independent of the speaker type . But, I could be wrong. The more experienced A'goners may be of more assistance.
I went through a similar process... I owned Prodigy's (and absolutely loved them (and no, the Summits aren't close IMHO)). I had to sell becouse I couldn't continue to run a monster tube amp in the Texas summer (and the damn thing kept blowing up). And, I can't even go there when anyone mentions SS... I have owned SL3's, Aeons, Maggies, etc. and could not find a box speaker that I could get used to.

I was visiting a guy who had a pair of Koechel (sp?) horns and was smitten, and I finally ended up with a pair of Avantgarde Duo's. They have the speed, air... yada yada that the panels do but they only take 6 watts or so to drive. They are a lot more dynamic and have better PRAT than the ML's. They jump!!! Big time. I think they play more different kinds of music well than the Logan's, but aren't as "pretty" sounding on SOME stuff. I still miss the holography thing that the Prodigy's can pull off from time to time too.

I don't know if your room is big enough for Avantgardes (you haven't given the dimensions)and they are a different take on things comparitively speaking. Of course you would need to change out your amps too... SET's are amazing BTW. You might want to check 'em tho.

Chris