Looking for insight on the Green Mountain Europas

i have heard good things about these speakers. i am just curious to hear some opinions on them. if you own them or have heard them, compare them to other speakers you have heard. i just want to hear about their strengths and weaknesses.

thanks
jared
jrod_215
you should search the archives. Few speakers I know of have received more discussion here. Search on "Europa" - there will be pages of entries.

I had a pair, and for the money they're great. I had a pair of Totem Sttafs at the same time and preferred the Sttafs , though the Europa's had their strengths. For Rock and Jazz Fusion music I found they excelled. No so much for acoustic and voice, though I know there are those who may disagree with me there. You need a really heavy duty stand for them, and they can be a little finicky about set up from my experience.
I owned the Europas, replaced a pair of Epos M12's. Much more refined, fuller sound. Really, really liked them, not to mention Roy and Co. are the best.

Had to go to Merlin TSM-MX's to get better sound. For the money, the Europas are hard to beat.
I compared them with Spendor S3/5s and they destroyed the Spendors in every possible aspect, but most especially in imaging, an area in which the spendors are supposed to excel.

They are very transparent and image extremely well, but at the same time they remain quite listenable on poorly recorded material. They are not warm or romantic sounding, but neither are they very hifi. Overall I'd describe them as quite neutral.

They need to be well away from room boundaries, and although they sound good from anywhere in the room they have a definite sweet spot for imaging, and noticeable interference pattern if you move around while listening, most likely due to the wide overlap of the driver output.

Highly recommended.