Need new speakers

One of my KEF 103/2 died a few days back and now I am in search for a new upgrade speaker. I had my NAD receiver, Luxman CD, and KEF since 1992 and was very happy with them. Now have a Jolida 302B integrated tube amp, Rotel RT-1080 tuner, Denon 2200 DVD/CD player. Have a Wharfedale Delta 70 on loaner from friend and it does not agree with me that much.

Have auditioned the Epos M12 (like), KEF 302 (okay). Been reading on Polk LSi-15, Sonus Concertina and Silverline Sonatina.

My living room is smallish: 11 x 18 with oriental carpet. I know my wife won't let me have speakers placed 2 feet away from wall. Don't expect to get subwoofer for a long while.
I like listening to classical, jazz (old and new), old rock. Really like vocals: Nora Jones, Leonard Cohen, James Brown, etc. I don't listen to loud music.

Any suggestions would be apprecited. Oh, budget about US$1000.
natcire
the best speaker with the jolida int. is the vandersteen 1c, which can be bought new for eight...used five...no brainer...good listening...
With your choice of music, you should give a serious listen to Quad 12L. They are in your budget too!!
Based on your budget, music preferences, budget, placement issues,and int. amp, you might be on to something with the silverlines (1k for sonatinas? are they in decent condition? jump on it!).