Von Schweikerts' vr4 gen III HSE vs vr4 Jrs?

I have a budget of only $4,000 to spend on speakers and have read several reviews for these two speakers. Which would be the better buy? I look forward to having your feedback. I'm here in Austin, Texas.

Steven
shf
I agree with Tvad and Arkio. The HSEs are far better than the Jrs and somewhat better than the original Srs. Haven't heard the Mark II version, so can't say for that one.

Oz
Interesting that VS has some speakers much better than others in his line. Vandy's are the same way.
With Tyler's, not one of his Excel models are better than another of his Excel models, just different, but not "better-ed"
With Tyler's, not one of his Excel models are better than another of his Excel models, just different, but not "better-ed"
Bartokfan (Threads | Answers)
That's interesting. I wasn't aware that you had heard the entire Tyler line of loudspeakers.

Regarding VS, I should have been more precise in my wording. The VR4 Gen III HSE are different than the VR4 Jr, but a different I happen to enjoy more. Just as a Tyler listener might likely consider some Tylers to be "better" even though what the listener really means is that he prefers the differences some models offer over
others.
>Interesting that VS has some speakers much better than others in his line<

No, not interesting at all. This is actually pretty normal.

Oz
are the jrs mark two close the vr 4,s,i dont know squat about von schweikerts,but am very curious.4 jrs a good place to start?whats the efficiancy and will a 100 watt amp float the boat for now?