Professional Monitors

I have been exploring the idea of getting new speakers. I will use them in a multichannel application, but my primary concern is two channel playback. Surfing around the other day I found the Focal/JM Lab Solo6 monitors. I love their Electra BE line, but they are to pricey for my budget.

My main question is do any of you have experience with these specific speakers? What are the positives vs. the negatives?

I know that they are nearfield monitors. I have never listened to a nearfield speaker. My seating currently is about 10 feet from my speakers. I can afford to go closer if need be. The 1007be run 4k a pair with no amplification, where these are 2k a pair with built in amps and identical drivers??

Thanks for any input in advance!
gb_ksu
Post removed 
They are ported. It is a rectangular port below the mid/bass driver.

Seems like they would have some advantages with the tweeter and bass adjustments as far as flexibility within the room and personal preference. They suggest 1-3 meters from the listening position. I wonder if there is an optimal distance within that range?
Post removed 
Have you experimented with a seating distance further away from the monitors? I am assuming that 8 feet gives you optimal performance? Bum deal about them going out of business. I never had the opportunity to experience of their models, which is a shame since they seem to have a great reputation.

The Solo's do look like a great deal. I just wonder if it is too good to be true. I'm curious about how they would perform off axis. I just bought a home last fall and have 3 seats in the room right now. The width won't allow more so I will probably tier a couple more behind what I have. I know that Focal recommends that the tweeter be at ear level. From the experience I have had with the Electra BE line, this is an issue. I will always be in the "sweet spot" so it's really not a huge concern for me, but I just don't want it to be horrible for those off axis.

I sent an email to a Focal Professional rep. to see if there is anywhere remotely near me that I could possibly go have a listen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.