Jazz for aficionados

Jazz for aficionados

I'm going to review records in my collection, and you'll be able to decide if they're worthy of your collection. These records are what I consider "must haves" for any jazz aficionado, and would be found in their collections. I wont review any record that's not on CD, nor will I review any record if the CD is markedly inferior. Fortunately, I only found 1 case where the CD was markedly inferior to the record.

Our first album is "Moanin" by Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers. We have Lee Morgan , trumpet; Benney Golson, tenor sax; Bobby Timmons, piano; Jymie merrit, bass; Art Blakey, drums.

The title tune "Moanin" is by Bobby Timmons, it conveys the emotion of the title like no other tune I've ever heard, even better than any words could ever convey. This music pictures a person whose down to his last nickel, and all he can do is "moan".

"Along Came Betty" is a tune by Benny Golson, it reminds me of a Betty I once knew. She was gorgeous with a jazzy personality, and she moved smooth and easy, just like this tune. Somebody find me a time machine! Maybe you knew a Betty.

While the rest of the music is just fine, those are my favorite tunes. Why don't you share your, "must have" jazz albums with us.

Enjoy the music.
orpheus10
*******Rok, I was wrong about that music, it originated from Dallas Texas, not Poland********

Now I am depressed! Didn't sound like anything I have ever heard in Texas. Myabe that's the reason they were in Poland! :) I suggest they stay there.

My 'review' schedule, and train of thought, were totally disrupted by my attempts to 'review' LULU. Blame it on The Frogman. I will be back on track and LULU will be back on the rack, today Time to get back to Jazz. With a Classical question for The Learsfool from time to time, if that's ok.

Cheers
And now with a break from our sponsors ...........
Emily Remler "Firefly" & "East To Wes"
Both with a rating of:
2 Wes Montgomery Thumbs UP!!!
Available on stereo LP and CD at all your local Korvettes stores
Now back to our pre-scheduled Debate Session.
I would think that most of the audience was there because they are fans of the bass player, Wojtek Mazolewski's band. I can only hope they knew who Dennis Gonzalez is.

Mr Gonzalez is a music teacher in Dallas. He travels the world with his band, sons Aaron and Stephen, to play with like minded musicians. His recorded work is usually thought out and does not fall apart into noise ( not that there is anything wrong with that) ;) you can hear a lot of Miles in his trumpet playing.

No Rok, he will never be as popular as Kenny G.

Now back to your regular programing.
Isochronism, Any time I see Emily Remler or Philip Catherine's name on a record I buy it.