Need list of 92db speakers and above.

Looking for a list of high efficiency full range speakers for a second system. That system will have a 5 watt SET amp as does my main system. I already have a pair of Abbys I purchased recently but may want a little different on the second system just to play with.

Thanks
dean_fuller
Dean,

You've gotten some good suggestions so far. You can also do a search on Lowther, Fostex, Hemp, Jordan and Audio Nirvana to find speakers using these single full-range drivers.

Enjoy,

TIC
I don't think you are going to be happy with 5 watts with speaker below 99 db efficiency unless you keep the volume down low or it is a very small room. I have a Reimyo PAT777 300B SET. Its 8 watts are not enough with my 93 db Acapellas. It was unbelievable on my 103 db Beauhorns. I also enjoy 1.56 watt 45 SET on them.
No crossover, Single driver, full range, under 3 g's? Simple enough, Zu Druid.. used for even 2 g's a pair.
You may want to look into the Tyler Acoustics Pro Dynamics line. These are not single driver, but the Eminence drivers used in them are super-high efficiency (about 101-102dbs). The mid-line PD-20s reach about 42hz on the low end (20K on top) and go for about $2800 new. You might be able to buy their larger bretheren used to get lower bass extension if needed, but the line is still relativel new so there are not many (or possibly any) available used.

I also recommend the Audio Notes already mentioned. Very good bass extension, especially if you are placing them at or near a corner...

---Dave
I'll second the Zu Druids although technically they are a 2-way.

Checkout the Lowther America site too. They also have a budget line of drivers that look pretty cool:

http://www.nirvanaspeakers.com/nirvana.html