$40.000 speaker advise. Check out my list

Hello all,

I'm currently owning a system which consists of Mark Levinson 33H amps, Mark Levinson Nr 32 Pre-amp, a Wadia 860x Cd player and a pair Revel Ultima Studio speakers. Cables are Nordost Valhalla/Valkyrja.

I believe my speakers are the weakest link in my system and am considering upgrading. I listen to all sorts of music, from jazz, classic to pop/dance.

I have a few speakers on my wish list but they are not easy to find to listen to them so I want ask you opinion first before I start searching for a dealer the have one or more of these brands.

Could you please go through the list and rank them from 1 to 6, best to "worse" speaker and explain why you think the list should be in that order.

The speakers I am thinking about are (in random order):

1. Sonus Faber Stradivari
2. Verity Sarastro
3. Lumen White white light
4. Rockport Antares
5. Revel Ultima Salon
6. Avalon Eidolon Diamond

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Max
maxx1973
Hi Max, some audiophiles say the Apogee Diva (or the original Apogee) is the best speaker ever made regardless of money. You really want to have a dynamic type of transducer? In this case I would choose for the Sonus Faber or Kharma. Maybe you can buy a used pair of Kharma Exquisite 1D.

Chris
>Why is the Montana KAS not on your list ?<

Peter, good question. I haven't heard the KAS, but am a big fan of your work, currently owning the EPS2. If I were in the market for a super speaker, these would surely be the absolute first ones I would audition.

Max, don't overlook PBN speakers just because they typically fly under the radar. They sound extremely good and offer superb value.

Oz
IMO the MAXX ll not only should be on your list but tops the list in that price .
Max,
I would go for evolution acoustics MM3 (that I ordered), Magico Mini or Kharma, at least if you like very transparent sound (but not sure they will match well with ML gear). I listened to a lot of speakers over the last 6 months in Hong Kong / Taipei(the one you listed + JM Lab Utopia, Maxx2, VS VR5, VR7, VR11, FM acoustics, Ascendo M and a lot of others I forgot...) to my taste the Magico Mini and MM3 were superior to the rest of the pack. MBL101E were also special.

Otherwise 6-4-1 are all quite nice, didn't like 3 and 5. Never listened to 2