Watt/Puppies with SET or push-pull???

I've heard rumors that WPs are a bad match for SETs due to their impedence curves. Anyone tried this with good results, or bad results? Push-pull any better?

I'm moving from SS to tubes, and eventually new speakers (maybe Silverbacks). In the meantime, I have WPs (93dB sensitivity seems ok). Wondering what I'm up against with the WPs and tubes.

Probably Shindo SET (8 or 10W), but may do Shindo PP (25 or 40W). Thanks!
bigamp
I was pretty impressed at CES about 4 years ago, hearing the WP7's with the Lamm SET amps, which put out (I think) 18 wpc. I don't think the system was pushed super hard, but what I did hear had tremendous finesse and spatial realism.
Just for fun in my "B" system I've been using W3P2 with 3W 2A3 SETs & Speltz Autoformers. It works remarkably well. However without a 4x impedance multiplier the dip below 2 ohms with WP presents a difficult load to any SET.
I tried some Cary Audio 300SE SET amps (15 wpc) on my WP7's. While they had a very good presence on voices and solo instruments like strings or piano, they were dynamically compressed and much weaker in the bass than push-pull tube and solid-state amps I tried. This especially played out when listening to music that has a bass foundation such as jazz and rock. I remember listening to a very dynamic UK pressing of ELP's first album and the output tubes flashing along to the beat of Lucky Man, as I was obviously driving them close to their limit. The whomp factor was definitely subdued using these SET amps. IMO the things that Wilson speakers do best is bass and dynamics, so why drive them with electronics that do not allow them to do what they do best? As another poster describes above, some have gotten good results driving WP's with Lamm SET amps, which are very expensive and great amps, or perhaps one of the more powerful 211 or 845 SET amps might be a good match. Personally, I prefer one of the more powerful push-pull tube amps like Audio Research or Conrad-Johnson, or a powerful solid-state amp. I am driving my WP7's with Essence SS amps at present.
Thanks all for your feedback. Dgarretson-have you used an impedance multiplier with good results? Does it impact the sound? Any model that you would recommend?