ML Aerius or SL3's?

For the same price - which of the two ML's are superior. I'm in a situation which has presented itself where 2 ML pairs are available - 1 pr of Aerius and a pair of SL3's.

I'm currently running tube gear as amplification but I may stray over to the transistor side for these puppies.

Please advise - I'm not really interested in any others in the ML line as these are the only 2 that are available to me at this time.

Again, they are asking same price and I feel that I need folks in the know re: ESL's and these 2 in particular.

Thank you in advance!
auditude
I have the SL3's and bought them at the time because the larger stat gave more of the ML sound, and I like the better bass extension. I agree that it is, all other things being equal, superior. However, if you have a small space and value cohesion between the stat and woofer, then the Aerius is worth considering. Either will sound good with okay electronics, and great with great electronics. Whichever you get, drive it with the best you can and you will be well rewarded. I just came back from CES and many of the systems on display there couldn't hold a candle to my humble setup. (of course, there were more than a handful that really were very special, too!)
I owned SL3's for nine years....tube amplification won't cut it...you need a ss high current amp with at least 200 watts at four ohms and 400 at 2 ohms...these are power hungry designs.
Larry