What is under $5k speaker with best bass slam?

Let's forget everything else. The bass should not necessarily go deep down to whale's voice territory.

Simply, what speaker <$5k has best bass slam?
Define bass slam? I don't know. Something I can feel with my body. Thump, slam, shockwave, etc.

Accompanied electronics? I don't know. Let's just talk about the speaker's potential.

Thanks

Doug
dh4kim
04-04-08: Dh4kim
Thanks for all the inputs. I mostly listen to music as backgrounds at a low level.
Bass slam is usually a function of volume. Low volume listening does not lend itself to bass slam, IMO.

The Von Schweikert VR4 Gen III HSE would definitely not be good for you. They require volume for the bass slam to kick in. When I had mine driven by a Moscode 401HR, drums sounded live in my room. I have a close friend who is a professional motion picture sound recorder, and he commented that my system sounded more real than many Hollywood sound studios he had visited.
Tvad,
I am sorry I forgot to say that I'm going to setup a new system for bass slam. Although I am currently happy with my Ayre-Harbeth setup, I'm going to setup a dedicated bass slam system in 400 sq ft space.
Doug
If I was creating a new system, I'd look into the Emerald Physics speakers. About $3500 new, and they can be auditioned in your home. Lots of buzz about how real they sound.
if its a viseral thing that you're fishing for...that live music has...drum kicks, etc......ohms, shahinian, castle, gradients and other loudspeakers that are multi directional, do this incredibly
Listen to Gallo 3.1 with or without the amp that you can hook up or leave out. 2,495-3,295 range for the speakers.