Would Vandersteen 5a's be a good match for Krell?

Krell 350 mcx's.
radrog
I agree with stevecham We have installed Vandersteen wood Quatros and Five series with many solid state amps as well as with a Krell 350 amp and pre and the sound was superb. Many folks will overreact their bias preference predicting mundane results they never really herd. Unless you tested them tuned em in the field its well intended armchair speculation by spectators..
cheers John
Well I audioned them with what they had there Audio Research. It didn't beat my system by no means. Krell and Martin Logan a really good match. I'll keep what I have.
I have Vandersteen 5A's (gorgeous Kowazinga finish) and are using Ayre electronics with them for a fabulous sound. I saw that you have Krell already, and I don't blame you for not wanting to replace them. Krells have always been a high end product, and I am absolutely sure they would work well with the 5A's. If you had the luxury of listening to some tube, some s/s, of the top 5 or 6 manufacturers, you would hear differences that would would only be "slight". Get the 5A's, set them up properly, and be happy.
I think the speakers deserve one more audition with music I know very well. When I audition the first time I knew none of the music played. The dealer is very easy to work with and a great guy. I have high expectations of the Vandersteens 5a's.
Though I am a very happy Thiel CS6 owner, my best audiophile friend has the 5as and I have spent many evenings luxuriating in the sonic bliss of these also-time- and-phase-coherent speakers. They certainly would be my other first choice.