Is dedicated PreAmp with Oppo 105 needed?

I think I've a decent HT setup but still feel there's something missing. I watch movies 70% & listen to music 30%.

Since Oppo provides pretty clean sound, wondering if upgrading to a dedicated PreAmp will make any difference. If it does, what would you recommend in say $1000-$2000 range? I intend to bypass the Video & connect straight to my Plasma on HDMI 1.4a.

Thank you!
----------
LRC Speakers: Tyler Acoustics Linbrook System II
Surround Speakers: JBL S312
Amplifier: Parasound Halo A51
BD:Oppo 105
Tape Deck: Nakamichi RX-505
Room: 16x18+ with some open area, so sound can bleed
hitsofmisses
If you want to inject real tonal beauty,great dynamics and weight into your system give this pre amp a try. It is a tube based preamp. ModWright SWL 9.0 SE with tube power supply, they are around $1500 used.
I want atleast 2 XLR i/p & preferably 5 XLR o/p if possible. I'm also open to used & refurbed.

I've been doing a bit of research on various forums. How is Classe 600 or Anthem D2? I've also heard good things about Onkyo PR-SC5508/09, Herron Audio VTSP-1, Integra DHC-80.3, Theta Casablanca, etc.

How do they compare to the NuForce AVP-18 & ModWright SWL 9.0 SE?
That's a mixed bag. The Classe 600 is ancient by prepro standards. The same can be said of any Theta CB that would fit your budget. The Onkyo/Integras are OK. The Herron is stereo only. Of the pack, I would go with the Anthem D2 if it is a somewhat later version or a D2V.

You need to define your needs a little better.
Audio Advisors was selling NuForce MCP18s for $599. A steal. I bought one and never looked back. it is very very quiet and does nothing wrong.