Proac D38, Wilson Sophia II, Avalon Ascendant???

Which of these would you go for? I'm running Theta Gear.
128x128devaaudio
Chetiar - all Avalons I have tried (maybe with the exception of Isis) have somehow limited dynamic impact in my expirience. Even the Eidolons, which use 11" Eton bass driver.

Wilsons, on the other hand, have been known for years for great dynamics and bass impact. And Sophia II is no exception.

The problem I always had with Wilson speakers, was that they were too bright and fatiguing for my taste. But not any more. Sophia II - for whatever reason - is a major breakthrough from the typical Wilson "family sound". Properly burned in (read: after 400h), they are not bright or edgy AT ALL. Sophia II sounds very natural and well balanced through out the spectrum, fast, uncoloured, and with one of the most grainless high frequencies.

One of the Sophia's strenghts - and the do that better than almost any speaker I have tried - is the power and articulation they are able to provide in the vital lower midrange. If you love classical music as much as I do, you would love the way Sophia can reproduce the left hand of the piano, the baritone chest-tone or the chello. Most other speakers sound boomy and muddy in this region compared to Wilsons.
Elberoth2, I am envious of your system. It looks fantastic. Thanks again for the input on the Wilsons. I agree with you completely. I remember the old Wilson sound and never cared for it but the Sophia II's are different...very well balanced, dynamic, and not bright or fatiguing. I really do love the ProAc sound being a current D15 owner. Without being too analytical they just sound good. I'll keep the forum updated when I get a chance to listen to the D38's!
I have always been a fan of Proac, ever since the Response 2.5 came out. I think they are a wonderful speakers. Yes I have compared it to others but I always came back to wanting to own the Proacs. There is something about them they always makes you wanting to listen to music. Isnt it why we are discussing it! They are very musical and involving. You can listen to it for hours and not feel fatigued.

I am a musician/pianist and very fussy about the sound that I hear. I spent a lot of time and money to buy the piano that produce the sound of my liking. And I spent a lot of time and money to decide which speakers I want to own.
I now own the D38s.
I like the Sophia but if you had a dealer look at Vandersteen, more musical and bass EQ adjustments to tune to any room but again the Sophia sound darn good and probably the sweetspot in the wilson line.
Chadnliz, I have heard Vandersteen. I think they sound good. Maybe a little more musical and not quite as accurate as the Wilsons. I think I favor ProAc sound over Vandersteen but the Vandy's did sound good.