Proac D38, Wilson Sophia II, Avalon Ascendant???

Which of these would you go for? I'm running Theta Gear.
128x128devaaudio
Zeeshanb, I agree there is something special about the ProAc's! Out of curiosity did you feel the D38's also made improvements in the total presentation of sound, or did the improvement mostly come in the lower register when compared to smaller ProAc speakers???
Chetiar I used to own Proac D38's and I would agree with Zeeshanb's comments. Compared to the smaller Proacs, the D38's are more dynamic and sound less constrained. The lower registers have the most improvement, but how much you get depends on how well you set it up. I have heard my D38's sound horrible but once I positioned them correctly and applied some room treatment (I was in an over-bright room) they came together really well.
I can only say that the improvement was in the total presentation and I agree with Amfibius that it sounds more dynamic and yet very musical.
When I evaluate speakers I do not really want to concentrate on any individual aspect of speakers. Its the overall sound and the presentation of the speakers. And in case of proac it makes you want to listen to music, and its almost like it has emotions. I know I am getting carried away with my comments but just wanted to describe the feelings when I listen to my D38!
Thanks Amfibius and Zeeshanb for your thoughts. It is really strange... you talk to fans of ProAc and they have negative things to say about Wilson. I however tend to agree with Elberoth2 that the Sophia II is a very different Wilson sound. I wish I could compare D38 and Sophia II directly but it seems that that will be very complicated to arrange. Just not sure what to do???
Chetiar it might be because Proac and Wilson sound is quite different :) I have not heard the Sophias, but I have heard a couple of Wilson W/P's. The bass hits you like a fist in the chest, with clean, natural and extended midrange and highs. Proac sound is different, with a more prominent and warmer midrange, and more subtle bass. Suits different types of music and different listeners.