How would you run an audio salon?

Just wondering, as an audiophile how would you set up an audiophile shop?
I have got some ideas but will post them later except to say I would limit the number of brands and try my best to get it to sound its very best.
pedrillo
Reminds of Richard Branson's reply when asked how to become a millionaire he quipped "Start with a billion dollars and buy an airline"!
As you can see, one is not able to get much practical or personaly meaningful information from Audiogon on a consistent basis. Everyone is biased, everyone plays favorites and no one has it all figured out. That's why I would truly place the customer first using my audiophile consultant model....the customers needs and want's would drive the purchase. Value and performance within a given budget would be the goal. Great sound can come in many sizes and shapes....overspending on highly regarded components assures one of zilch!! Environment and set up mean the most...even a boom box can sound great in the right space. When you are committed to sell a certain product, you will...at the expense of the customer.
Hey Jazdoc...could also assemble a castle's worth of assets, make your way into musicianship; especially jazz...ultimately qualify for medicaid.

Dave_b

........."As you can see, one is not able to get much practical or personaly meaningful information from Audiogon on a consistent basis. Everyone is biased, everyone plays favorites and no one has it all figured out."

So, uh, did the dog die, or did you get an invite to divorce court today?

That's a mighty critical statement.