Vandersteen 5A room placment options

I have had my 5A's in my 23 X 12 dedicated bowling alley for nearly three years now. I have settled down with the VAC Phi 300.1 stereo amp, which is IMO and in my room, the best I have heard them. OK! I have been shifting my rack around and reconfiguring things, so my rack w/ Turntable
has it's new home against the back wall rear of the left speaker. The rack will not be between speakers, as you can only see a foot or so of the RIX RAX's wide top shelf peaking out to the inside of the left speaker. The speakers are 93" out, or 1/3, of the 279" length of the room. Is it a bit far fetched to think I could move the speakers to the long wall, which I have never tried. I can't really conceive this working with the front plane of the speaker 3 feet out, and only having 8.5 or 9 feet remaining. Especially with the 5A's time aligned design, I can't see them working on the long wall, in a near field setup.
fjn04
You might be right about the near field experience with Vandys. Stick with what worked in the past.

If it isn't broken - do not fix it.

Mariusz
Mrjstark, That's my thought exactly. I think I may be just looking for feedback, so I can put the idea to rest. Nice looking room, looks as if you are getting the most out of it. What are the dimensions, and what type of room treatments are you using. It is't broken for sure, so nothing to fix. Just trying to get the most out of my system. I do remember two previous speakers with smaller footprints that seemed to open up a bit more in my room. Hey, perhaps the Quattro would have been a better choice in a 12 + foot wide room. Thanks.
The room is in the "L" shape.
The Quatros are in the smaller "cove" which is a bit more then just 9' wide. It opens up to the rest of the room , which is 15' wide. The length of the room is about 19'.
Not the easiest room to work with but I am not complaining.

Room treatments are the combination of diffusers , absorbers and bass traps. (picture panels, Echo Basters bass phase4 traps X 2, Skyline diffusers X 4, and last but not least the cork wall tiles (natural finish - not a gloss finish. Important) on front sub-wall and back wall (100%).

* not all are visible. This is the room from few months back. I must update the system gallery. To lazy I guess.:)

I hope it helps

Mariusz