Spectrum analyzer?

Can someone suggest some options for acquiring some form of real time frequency analysis to help with speaker/room interactions?

I don't know if it makes sense to buy or rent hardware, go the laptop/software route, etc.

Thanks in advance.
madfloyd
I would be able to match the filter configuration to it and then check the results.

Kal
IMHO, the most pernicious effect of the room acoustics is the extended decay at certain frequencies. These frequencies are not necessarily those that show up as instantaneous magnitude peaks nor, if they do, is simply reducing the magnitude going to reduce the decay time appropriately. Ideally, one would like to have a room with a uniform decay time (analogous to RT60) for all frequencies but this is more difficult with small rooms (at home) than it is with large ones (concert halls).

Kal
Kr4...Thanks for your answers. Is there any device that can equalize delay at all frequencies? Anyway, I question your statement that delay should be uniform across frequency. In a highly reverberent hall, where delay is easy to hear, the tonal quality varies greatly as the sound dies away. In fact this variation is an essential characteristic of such sound. It wouldn't be realistic if it didn't happen that way.