Krell Resolution 2 - suitable upgrade??

I have budgeted about 15K for a suitable replacement. To then end I am searching for suggestions, especially from those who have heard the Krells. I have auditioned Sonus Faber Cremona M's. Very nice sound, very musical however not enough of a difference to replace the Krell's. Music I use to audition is: Michael Hedges any track , TELARC Aaron Copeland Fanfare for the Common Man, Sheffield Lab Pressure Cooker, and Dianne Reeves.
Thanks!! - HP
128x128hughp3
Hugh, I think for your tastes and preferences, you did well and should be very happy. I don't know anything about the dealer mdtking mentions but I think you were smart to build a relationship and rely on guidance. That's what they are there for. Many folks buy with improper or no guidance/advice and ultimately end up dissatisfied, regardless of amount spent or 'saved'.

I think you made the right choice(s) and you should enjoy your system immensely.
Hughp3,

having gone from Krell Res1 to WP7s I kind of know what youre experiencing. If I might make a suggestion you can add a sub to the WP7s and it will get even better. It needs to be a fast one though. A velodyne SPL1200R was a bit on the slow side in my room.
Thanks much guys for the constructive feedback. Perrew the velodybe HG-18 I have seems like a good match so far. What crossover point are you using? - Hugh