Good speakers for a low budget

Hi, I am helping a friend find speakers for around $600. Aesthetics are a high priority. Thank you.
imaginarynumbers
Usher X-708 or X-718 probably can be found around that price range, but you do need good stands for them since they are not exactly small or light.
Wow, we don't have a clue about what this woman's taste in music is, what equipment she's going to use with whatever speakers she chooses, the room she plans to put the speakers in, but already we have many people giving suggestions about what speakers to buy. Anybody know what's wrong with this approach? To many people around here, are very quick to say "but this, buy that" without having any idea about what really needed or what might works best for this woman. Perhaps, some of y'all before you "shrill" your favorites, you might want to ask some necessary information. It's the type of thing that might help make someone make an educated decision. What works for you, might not be what's best for somebody else. As I see it, the orginal poster has given very little information to work from, and that being the case I would be hesitant to make any recommendation whatsoever.