Best Inexpensive Subwoofer

SVS, HSU, Outlaw Audio, Aperion are some of the current manufacturers of fairly inexpensive subs.

I'd like to get a consensus on what AGon'ers think is the best of these subs.
worldwide
I am not saying these amazing bargains do not sound great and punchy - I am just pointing out that reproducing 20Hz at reasonable SPL without copious amounts of distortion is nigh impossible from a small device -it is usually tough to achieve even with several large subs.
Martykl said, " It is also nearly, but not quite, ruler flat (in room) to 25hz at typical listening levels"

I say, that sounds fantastic, and how do you know this? Did you use a program such as Room EQ Wizard or some such program or test signals from a CD or LP?

Ruler flat is good, but I believe that by 25hz you need to be about 6-8 db up. So if you are "flat" at 25 hz, you are actually 6-8 db down!

Bob
Bob,

I've used 3 different room measurement systems. By far, the Velodyne SMS-1 yields the best, most consistent, and to my ear (although I'm comfortable making such judgements only from above 60ish hz) most accurate results. Many people would agree that 5db or so in rise is useful in the deepest bass. "Not quite" ruler flat means a gentle rise below 50hz to app +2 or 3db at 25 hz. With organ music (my test for this region), the gentler rise "feels" better TO ME than what you suggest at my normal listening level. Again, I'd be the first to acknowledge that others might side with you on this one.

Marty
have you considered used? i recently picked up a Velodyne HGS-15x Ultra II very reasonably, and have been extremely impressed with it's performance. it's the first sub i've owned, but i demoed Martin Logan, REL, and the newer Velo's and i don't feel the older Velo is wanting for much.

-Scott